thepapercrate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what to do???

2 posters

Go down

what to do??? Empty what to do???

Post  tsmack Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:54 pm

I am going to this really cool event in Saskatoon in October. It is a pre-event for the Crop and Cruise. It is an all day crop 9am to Midnight. There are workshops and I want to take some, but can't decide which. Any thoughts? I know I want to take the layout class with Leica Forrest. But I am not sure whether to take both Tilano classes, or both Prima, or one of both and if so which ones. I need to register on Wednesday and can't make up my mind!!!

Tile Magnet Card Class $30 (Instructor: Jill Hildebrand)
- Sponsored by Tilano Fresco
Description: Join vibrant Smalltown Scrappers Design Team member and Crop & Cruise 2007 & 2009 Instructor Jill Hildebrand as she helps you create this amazing card, created using a Tilano Fresco Marble Tile & her favourite pattern paper. Jill will show you how to create a beautiful tile using the techniques created by the Tilano Fresco designers. This breath-taking & unique magnetic tile is the ultimate embellishment for this card, and can later adorn any fridge. Come join Jill for this very unique & inspiring class and be awed by all the Tilano Fresco products. Bring your energy, creativity & enthusiasm and let's play.

Length: 1 ½ hours
Class Numbers: maximum of 30 participants
What to bring: your Basic Kit
BASIC KIT OF SUPPLIES (all scrappers must bring the below with name clearly labeled please)
paper trimmer (12")
adhesives (glue dots & glue stick will work best)
black / brown journaling pen
pencil
craft knife with cutting mat
straight edge scissors
SUGGESTED EXTRAS
single hole punch (Crop-o-dile is perfect)
other pens/markers
stapler with staples
distressing kit (sandpaper, inks, etc.)
stamps (acrylic w/ blocks or rubber); stamp cleaner & scrubber
your favorite tools & embellishments you can't do without

Ornament Card Class $30 (Instructor: Jill Hildebrand)
- Sponsored by Tilano Fresco
Description: Join vibrant Smalltown Scrappers Design Team member and Crop & Cruise 2007 & 2009 Instructor Jill Hildebrand as she helps you create this amazing card, created using a Tilano Fresco Ornament & her favourite Christmas pattern paper. Jill will show you how to create a beautiful ornament using the techniques created by the Tilano Fresco designers. Once completed you will have a cool card to give to someone, than it becomes an ornament for the tree! Come join Jill for this very unique & inspiring class and be awed by all the Tilano Fresco products. Bring your energy, creativity & enthusiasm and let's play.

Length: 1 ½ hours
Class Numbers: maximum of 30 participants
What to bring: your Basic Kit
BASIC KIT OF SUPPLIES (all scrappers must bring the below with name clearly labeled please)
paper trimmer (12")
adhesives (glue dots & glue stick will work best)
black / brown journaling pen
pencil
craft knife with cutting mat
straight edge scissors
SUGGESTED EXTRAS
single hole punch (Crop-o-dile is perfect)
other pens/markers
stapler with staples
distressing kit (sandpaper, inks, etc.)
stamps (acrylic w/ blocks or rubber); stamp cleaner & scrubber
your favorite tools & embellishments you can't do without

Pint-sized Paintables... $35.00 (instructor Trisha Ladouceur)
By popular demand, the Prima Paintables are back! Join Trisha Ladouceur, PrimaDonna, as she guides you through various tips and techniques to help you release the ARTISTE from within! You will get downright dirty as you experiment with a variety of mediums, including the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, to create multiple miniature canvases customized to reflect you and your personal preferences! To complete your mini masterpieces, you will be able to dig through Trisha's abundance of Prima Flowers to find the ones that are right for you and your wonderful works of art! Ask anyone from her past classes and they will agree that this is, by far, the best part!!!
Students should bring:
Scissors, trimmer, exacto knife, black ink, brown ink, foam paint brush, water brush (if they have), watercolour pencils (if they have), sanding block, stickles or glossy accents (optional), adhesive (glue dots, foam mounting squares, FabriTak).

Creative Cards- $35.00 (instructor Trisha Ladouceur)
So many ideas, sooooo little time! But not this time... in this short class, you will create numerous wonderful cards that the lucky recipient will treasure for years to come. You will have the opportunity to work with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and screens, flocking, glitter, etc as you alter the amazing chipboard shapes by Riff Raff Designs that will adorn the cards created in this class. Many of the techniques that will be learned in this class are sure to inspire you in many of your other scrapbooking and paper crafting projects in the future!
Students should Bring:
Scissors, trimmer, scoring blade/ bone folder, black ink, brown ink, journaling pen, adhesive (glue dots, foam mounting squares and FabriTak), sanding block, Glossy Accents, Stickles.

Layouts galore with Leica Forrest- $30.00
Come and make 3- unique 12x12's using the hottest of product out there. Each layout will be unique, allowing you to work with different embellishments & patterned papers from a variety of trendy & new companies. You will walk away with great ideas to continue to make fabulous layouts. sponsored by Luxe Designs, Rose Moka
Students should bring: scissors, trimmer, adhesive, black fine marker

tsmack
cardstock stocker

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

what to do??? Empty Re: what to do???

Post  mamabub Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:25 pm

First i am soooo jealous!

I like the sound of the pine sized paintables, and the Christmas orniment one! I am a bit picky on product, so I would want to know on the others (especially the LO one) what product I was using (3 LO with pink floral paper would not do it for me! Laughing
Let us know what you do and post it so we can see what you learn!
mamabub
mamabub
paper princess

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-04-15

http://www.thepapercrate.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  tsmack Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:45 pm

So, I made my final decision and registered! I am going to take the ornament class, Creative Cards and the Layout Class. It was a real toss-up between Creative Cards and Pint Sized Paintables, but the cards class won out because it uses Riff Raff Designs Chipboard Shapes which I am in love with. And I am sure the layout class will be great as I am an avid follower of the instructors blog and she has awesome taste and is on the design team for Luxe, Rose Moka and now has some deal with Kaiser Craft from Australia which looks like it has fantastic product. (And she has two boys so a lot of her layouts use more "boy colors" although since she had her daughter in June, I see a bit more girly stuff coming out). Here is her blog if anyone is interested, she is always doing cool stuff.

http://www.10-4livingoutloud.typepad.com/

tsmack
cardstock stocker

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mamabub Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:13 am

Margo just turned me on to riff raff designs! Super nice people and NICE! stuff so watch carfully for it! Very Happy
mamabub
mamabub
paper princess

Back to top Go down

Post  mamabub Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:14 am

PS did I remeber to tell you I am jelous?????
mamabub
mamabub
paper princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: